Wednesday, May 23, 2012

17 Weeks Pregnant

May 23, 2012


Today I am 17 weeks pregnant. I haven't been feeling too great today, earlier this morning I felt very dizzy and felt as if I were going to pass out. Luckily, that didn't happen. I fed myself and drank plenty of water before it got to that point. Even after eating, though, I still felt a little light headed. These are one of the feelings I hate the most, because I have never felt like this in my life, until I got pregnant. I haven't felt like this many times during my pregnancy, just a few. 


I have mentioned in my Pregnancy Vlog -Week 17 video that my belly is starting to feel harder. I can feel my uterus very well now, and the baby. I start to get uncomfortable if I lie on my stomach for too long. I'm not able to lay on my back anymore, as of last week, which is fine with me, I never really found that position comfortable, anyhow. I usually sleep on my stomach, but lately I've been sleeping on my sides. It's more comfortable that way. 


Something I did not mention in my pregnancy vlog, that I am so excited about, is the fact that last night, I felt the baby move. I only felt it once, so I didn't think much of it. I went to sleep shortly after. Today, while I was eating dinner, I felt several movements in my belly, it felt like little flutters. I am sure that it was the baby. I've never felt anything like it before, that's when I realized that last night, that tiny movement I felt, was also the baby. I was 16 weeks and 7 days when I felt my baby move for the very first time. Such a wonderful feeling! If you're a mother, or mother to be, you know exactly what I'm talking about!
Danny and I have an anatomy scan on the 31st of this month, so they will do an ultrasound and check the anatomy of the baby to make sure everything is alright and normal. We will also find out the gender that day (if they are able to see it clear enough)! I will be 18 weeks and 1 day pregnant that day, so I am hoping that it won't be too early to see my baby's genital area. They said they may or may not be able to tell at 18 weeks, but many people have told me that they found out at 18 weeks, or a little earlier. So we are hopeful! Again, we are hoping for a boy! But we will be happy with either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment