Friday, April 6, 2012

10 Weeks Pregnant

April 17, 2012

I was so nervous the first time I went to see my obgyn. I was nervous for the ultrasound especially. I've never done any of this before, so it was all so new to me. My boyfriend and I went together, and the first thing my doctor did was try to hear the heartbeat. At this point I wasn't even sure how far along I was. It bothered me for awhile not knowing how far along I was. We couldn't hear a heartbeat, the doctor told me that it is sometimes hard to hear around 9 or 10 weeks. So she did an ultrasound, and it was the craziest thing I've ever seen in my whole entire life, to see my baby. It still feels weird saying that, I'm not used to it yet. Although we couldn't hear the heartbeat, we could see it. It was very touching, I may only be 19, but I know I can do this. My mom had me when she was 20, and she did a great job with my sisters and I. Anyhow, I had guesstimated that I was at least 9 weeks, but the doctor let me know that I was actually 10 weeks and 2 days. I do not feel comfortable posting a photo of my ultrasound on the internet.


So the whole 10 weeks that I've been pregnant, I haven't had any morning sickness. Well, I've had nausea and occasionally dizziness, but I never actually threw up. My nausea was never really that bad anyway. I had lost my appetite for most things, especially foods that I normally love. I mostly felt like eating fresh, raw foods, like fruits, vegetables, and nuts. We didn't always have that kind of food in our house, though. So I usually just had to force myself to eat, because I didn't want to starve and not get the nutrients that my body needs. By the second trimester, you need to be eating an extra 350 calories a day. 

During the first 10 weeks, I'd been waking up numerous times during the night to pee. As we all know, frequent urination is one of the top symptoms of pregnancy. I usually would wake up about 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night because I had to pee so badly, it's crazy to me how your bladder can be so full every few hours while pregnant. It's definitely not fun having to wake up from a deep sleep just to go pee, especially when you're doing it 4 times a night! 

Another symptom I've been having, TIREDNESS! That's the one I hate the most. Being tired all the time makes it hard to be active, and I absolutely hate being lazy! I still try to ride my bike, go on walks, or just do anything that gets my heart rate up every day. But like every other normal person in the world, I have my lazy days. I hope it gets better during my second trimester, almost there! We'll see! Sore breasts is another one. They hurt pretty bad, they are very sore and sensitive. I hate that as well. As far as symptoms go, I think I pretty much covered all of mine!

I'm sure you've noticed from my videos that I've been dying my hair, and bleaching it. I have done tons of research before dying it, and it is perfectly SAFE. The only thing that can be harmful is the fumes from the bleach or dye. And that is even harmful to a non pregnant person, which is why you need to make sure you are in a well ventilated room, I was in a very well ventilated room, RIGHT next to the window. Also, tons of women told me that they dyed their hair and bleached it while pregnant, and their babies were fine. Just don't breathe in the fumes! My aunt is a hair stylist, she told me that it is safe, and she has a kid! So for the ignorant people out there posting on my videos telling me that I'm harming my baby, I'd really appreciate it if you did your research before speaking! I don't even eat food before looking it up to make sure it's safe!




No comments:

Post a Comment