Thursday, September 12, 2013

Life Without Danny: Week 1

So before I begin, I would like to point out that Danny and I are in the third week of being away from each other while he is in school. I meant to post this a couple weeks ago but ended up getting too busy.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, Danny left for Seattle on September 7th for school. He is studying web development at Code Fellows until December 4th (right now he's taking an iOS class and is learning how to make apps for the iPhone! He's in the process of making one now!) So that means that I am in California taking care of Rylee as a "single mom". I am not single obviously, but I sure am getting a taste of what it'd be like! I've been much more exhausted and my back has been killing me! I've been chasing little Rylee (10 months) around all day every day! Kudos to all the single moms/dads out there. 

Danny will be flying back home in November for Rylee's birthday, she will be one year old on November 7th! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Anyway, I just want to share my experience being away from Danny with you guys. The longest we've been apart was a week, and we didn't have Rylee then. So it was very easy to deal with being away from each other. 

I know lots of families do this, and I know this isn't nearly as hard to deal with as it is for military families. So I am very thankful for that and I appreciate everything God has given me. But although it may not be as hard as other people's situations, it is still a little hard. I've never had to take care of an infant all on my own before, Danny is such a big help, and a great dad! I am so thankful to have such an amazing husband, I am glad he is the father of my baby. I couldn't ask for a better partner.

So the first week was hell. The morning Danny left was so hard. Tears and lots of emotions were involved, and it just sucked altogether to say the least. It wasn't something we were quite prepared for, he got accepted into this bootcamp a few days before leaving, so it all kind of happened last minute. 

Once Danny hit the road to Seattle, I felt so alone. I was sad, anxious, and all of a sudden depressed. I was so anxious because our phones had gotten shut off a couple days prior (that's a long story in itself). Basically, we had no way of getting ahold of each other on his long venture to Washington. Not being able to call him and check in every so often worried me. So I had to wait for him to find wifi every once in awhile to FaceTime. We FaceTimed a couple times that night, and again, the emotions poured out. Danny made it halfway that night and stopped. He drove the rest of the way the next morning. 

Danny made it to Seattle and our phones were turned back on a couple days after. So that was nice. The rest of the week was just terrible. I was still so lonely, and I had absolutely no time for myself. I had no time to really do anything. Rylee requires so much attention, and it's almost impossible to get ready for the day, or even eat. 

I've just been trying to find things to do to keep myself busy. I'm not used to having Danny gone, and I'm definitely not used to taking care of Rylee by myself for such long periods of time. The first week was a drag, and it went by super slowly, but we got through it, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment